Home education forum
Join the local home education community as members express their concerns regarding the proposed changes to the home education regulations by the State Government.
The meeting will be joined by the shadow minister for education Nick Wakeling and Gembrook MP Brad Battin. Come and find out about the magical world of home education and why it is worth protecting.
- Friday 17 February at 7pm. Nossal High School (room to be confirmed).
Free food van
Open invitation from the Sikh community for the inauguration of the free food van for the homeless and needy. Special Guests are Jude Perera, Cr Damien Rosario, Cr Amanda Stapledon and Cr Steve Beardon.
- Saturday 18 February. 3pm to 4pm. Lynbrook Community Centre, 2 Harris Street, Lynbrook.
Pink Stumps Day
In support of the McGrath Foundation through the Carlisle Park Vikings Pink Stumps Day.
All monies raised by the club will go to the McGrath Foundation to help place McGrath breast care nurses in communities across Australia, as well as increasing the importance of breast awareness in Australian women.
On the day there will be an afternoon market with stalls covering a wide range of produce and products, also raffles, a sausage sizzle, silent auction and an afternoon watching the Carlisle Park Vikings compete against the Tooradin Cricket Club.
- Saturday 18 February proudly sponsored by AJ Recruitment. 3pm till 7pm at Carlisle Park Reserve, Majestic Boulevard, Cranbourne.
Women are invited to come along and sing at this workshop hosted by Casey Choir. No experience necessary. Find out what it’s like to participate in choral singing and improve vocal technique.
- Saturday 18 February, 1pm-5pm. The Factory Rehearsal Hall, 1 New Holland Drive, Cranbourne.
Tickets: $10 at www.trybooking.com/NMZW. Afternoon tea included. Inquiries: 0414 819 494.
Western Australian wildflowers
This is not-to-be-missed opportunity to enjoy an excellent presentation by the Friends own John Thompson.
He is renowned for his innovative and fascinating presentations at friends’ workshops.
John is a very experienced grower of Australian plants and has visited WA many times.
His knowledge of the area and its plants is exceptional and he is also an excellent photographer.
- Sunday 19 February, 2pm-3.30pm at the Australian Garden Auditorium, Royal Botanic Gardens Victoria. Friends members $20, non-members $25, students $1. Bookings are essential.
For further information phone 8774 2483 or 0448 013 892.