Carols by Candlelight
After being cancelled last week due to wet weather, the Clyde North Christmas Carols is back on. Sponsored by Barry Bourke Motors, organiser Pastor Kerrigan La-Brooy said the night was expected to attract a huge crowd. There will be free entry, free entertainment, free kid’s amusements, free chair-o-plane, free giveaways and even some free food. Includes a $500 voucher compliments of Barry Bourke Motors to put towards the purchase of a new or used car, to the first 2000 who grab a program, and also a $600 value pack from Viva Photography. Performers include Kerrigan La-Brooy, Derrick Junkeer, Andrew Portelli, Mel Manuel, Naomi Horsley, Lisa Ann, Ebony Portelli (Jo-Anne Portelli), Lighthouse Hampton Park, Triple Treat Talent Academy and Gethsemane Church Choir. The festive cheer and carnival atmosphere will include a sausage sizzle, coffee van, ice-cream, popcorn, slushies, cakes, glow-sticks, laughing clowns, pluck-a-duck, hot dogs, Dutch Poffertjes, Thai, Indian and Italian food, vendors and much more. Please ring 0404 875 647 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details.
- Hillcrest Christian College, 500 Soldiers Road, Clyde North, on Friday 8 December 5.30pm-9.00pm. Inquiries to Kerrigan LaBrooy on 0404 875 647 or Richard Walker on 0410 584 595 or simply email email@example.com
Moonlight Cinema and Christmas Carols
Lynbrook Residents Association proudly presents Moonlight Cinema and Christmas Carols. This free event features Carols at 6.30pm; Cheeky Elves and Holly the Christmas Fairy with treats for the kids at 8.15pm; a special visit from Santa at 8.30pm; and Moonlight Cinema at 9pm. BYO picnic with rugs, low chairs or cushions and blankets. Available to purchase: Sausages in bread, popcorn, fairy floss, ice cream van and coffee van. The event is supported by the City of Casey and Evolution Music.
- Banjo Paterson Park, Lynbrook, on Saturday 9 December. Gates open at 6pm. Free entry.
Cranbourne Community Christmas Carols
- Corner Russell and Childers Streets, Cranbourne, on Sunday 10 December at 6.30pm-8.30pm.
Living Way Church Kids Carols
- 75 Wheelers Park Drive, Cranbourne North, on Saturday 9 December at 7pm – 8.20 pm. Free entry.
Rock Up and Play
Launching the ‘Rock Up and Play’ program, Melbourne City Football Club and YMCA Casey have created a fun and accessible soccer program for boys and girls of all abilities and ages at the new state-of-the-art Casey Stadium. Rock Up and Play has been designed as a great way to enjoy the game, meet people and have fun in an inclusive environment. No experience is necessary and participants are invited to come along to a session and take part in small-sided matches.
- Casey Stadium, Terry Vickerman Centre, 65 Berwick-Cranbourne Rd, Cranbourne East, on Friday 8 December at 4.30pm-7.30pm. Cost: $5 for individuals, $10 for families. For more information on programming at Casey Stadium visit the YMCA website at www.caseystadium.ymca.org.au or contact the centre on 5996 6052.
Senior Citizen’s Christmas Luncheon
Performances by the Cranbourne Lions Concert Band and Cranbourne Chorale. Sing-a-long to all your favourite carols. Have a photo with Santa. Hampers and raffles to be won! Luncheon – refreshments supplied, nibbles, chicken and salads and of course dessert.
- 1 Codrington Street, Cranbourne, on Sunday 10 December at noon-3pm. Free entry.