CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » $4 million Doveton Pool redevelopment underway

$4 million Doveton Pool redevelopment underway

The $4 million redevelopment at Doveton Pool began on Tuesday 13 January, with the next phase of construction endeavouring to deliver modern and accessible facilities.

The special ceremony was joined by Casey Mayor Stefan Koomen, Bruce MP, Julian Hill and Doveton local, Sean Balfour.

The upgrades include the renewal of the existing change facilities, a brand-new entrance foyer, a new kitchen and serving area, a new family change village and additional change room amenities as well as a new first aid room.

Mayor Koomen said he was excited for the next phase of work at the much-loved Doveton pools.

“The upgraded pool building will make visiting our Doveton pool a great experience, especially for families with young children,” said the Mayor.

“Last year we replaced the 50-metre outdoor pool and reduced the depth to make the pool more accessible.

“Now we’re moving on to the next stage of the project which is making the pool building a welcoming and accessible space for the whole community.

“Once the project is completed, it will transform the pool for future generations, giving our community the fantastic local outdoor facility they deserve.”

In September 2025, councillors backed the $4 million recommissioning of the former program pool as well as a stand-alone slide.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…