CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Casey Reducing Backlog

Casey Reducing Backlog

The City of Casey still has a backlog of 480 jobs received between October and December 2021 according to a statement published on its website on Monday 21 March.

That number represents a decrease in 494 jobs since the last update, on Wednesday 16 February.

As previously reported, the council received 5,200 customer requests for storm and tree-related assistance in that timeframe – greater than 50 per cent of the volume of requests that it received for the entire 2020/21 financial year.

There are more than 2500 parks, reserves and roadsides across Casey and three different contractors are used to maintain the open spaces meaning they are maintained on different cycles.

The contractor who maintains parks in Casey’s central area, which includes Lynbrook, Hampton Park, Narre Warren, Cranbourne, Clyde North, and Cranbourne East, has had ongoing staff shortages and delays in importing mowers and equipment due to the pandemic.

Other contractors have experienced similar challenges on a much lower scale.

Since February 2022, the council has adjusted its maintenance schedule in the central area and continues to work closely with the contractor to ensure it can get back to maintaining parks and open spaces in line with service and the community’s expectations as soon as possible.

With additional resources, the council has completed more than 4440 jobs and said in its previous update that it hoped to resume normal services and programs by the end of February.

If you believe that the situation you originally reported has become more urgent (possibility of causing harm to persons or damage to property) or you are unsure if the matter has previously been reported to the council, contact council via the following link: casey.vic.gov.au/contact

To report an issue, please visit the report an issue page via the following link: casey.vic.gov.au/report-issue

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…