CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Shock as jock off the air

Shock as jock off the air

A presenter for Casey Radio has been taken off air after a furious listener alleged crude comments were made about “breasts” and “testicles.”

“I had children in the car with me on both times,” said Hank, who had tuned into a recent Wednesday morning show.

“I certainly do not intend listening again, which is a shame because of other good shows.”

Hank, who asked Star not to reveal his surname, contacted Star News expressing his “great disappointment” when he heard the presenters discussing breasts and on another occasion, a chat about massages where one of the presenters spoke about “getting touched on the testicles.”

“Why I’m most upset is no response from the president of the radio, even after I brought it to their attention,” he said.

“Then I messaged the City of Casey Council and yet again no response.

“I actually went to the station twice last week to talk to someone about it after not hearing from the president or the council and the place was locked up.”

3SER president Nia McMartin said a presenter concerned was “contacted, reprimanded and is currently off air for a period,” with an on-air apology made on Wednesday, 14 November.

“Casey Radio is a 100 per cent volunteer organisation and from time to time inexperienced presenters make mistakes,” she said.

“We acknowledge this and follow our processes to ensure all presenters are adequately aware of their responsibilities in line within our association rules and the broadcasting legislation.”

Ms McMartin confirmed “To date, Casey Radio has not received any written notice of complaint either via normal postal channels, delivered to the station or via email.”

However, she said Casey Radio had received an anonymous letter from the City of Casey Council on Wednesday 31 October whereby a listener of the station complained about hearing “rubbing against testicles“ and “breasts”.

Casey Radio took complaints of this nature seriously and had processes with which to deal with such issues, she added.

Hank, who was reluctant to comment on the matter further, said: “It was once a great little station.”

Digital Editions


  • Funding call to further combat racism

    Funding call to further combat racism

    An anti-racism support network has provided its first insights after a year of documenting racism across the state, the first of its kind in Australia.…

More News

  • A spot of kindness led by young local leaders

    A spot of kindness led by young local leaders

    A Casey-based Girl Guides group dedicated to empowering girls and young women has delivered a heartfelt show of support to local frontline volunteers. Narre Warren North Girl Guides recently visited…

  • Local university launches new initiative to provide free professional attire for students

    Local university launches new initiative to provide free professional attire for students

    As cost of living increasingly becomes a barrier for many tertiary students, a local Casey university is taking matters into their own hands with their new ‘Styled for Success at…

  • Food for thought ahead of bigger Ramadan Night Market

    Food for thought ahead of bigger Ramadan Night Market

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 467847 Excitement grows ahead of the upcoming three-week Ramadan Night Market that promises to be bigger and better, but existing traders in Dandenong have…

  • Minister’s warm welcome to Wellsprings

    Minister’s warm welcome to Wellsprings

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 532816 Wellsprings for Women welcomed the Federal Minister for Multicultural Affairs, Dr Anne Aly, who saw first hand the South East-based centre’s efforts to…

  • Colourful weekend

    Colourful weekend

    It was a colourful weekend for more than 100 community members who attended the council’s annual rainbow picnic. Held at Berwick’s Old Cheese Factory on Saturday 7 February, over 120…