U3A Cranbourne Open Day
The open day will showcase several art classes, calligraphy, stitching on cards, card making and paper crafts, sewing and patchwork and knitting and crochet. Musical interests are also covered with tutors teaching basic keyboard skills and guitar. U3A also have groups playing Chess, Mahyong and Bridge. All great brain training games. The leader of our fishing group will be in attendance for anyone wanting to learn to fish or needing some company on outings. The cycling group meets at different locations for a 20 to 30 klms ride depending on cyclists abilities.
• Friday 9 February from 10am – 1pm at 1/65 Berwick Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne East. Entry is through the doors where the local radio station 97.7 am sign is. Classes are held during the school terms.
Lang Lang Show ‘n’ Shine
Rev-heads are gearing up for the 7th annual Lang Lang Show ‘n’ Shine. The family-friendly event will feature hot rods, custom and classic cars and bikes. There will also be a swap meet and merchandise stalls and the popular lawn mower racing competition will also return. There will be plenty of kids’ rides and activities making for an inexpensive and enjoyable day out. The event, run by the Kooweerup/Lang Lang Rotary Club, will also serve as a fund-raiser for the Lang Lang Aged Care Facility.
• Sunday 11 February. Tickets are $5 per person (under 16 free). Public entry is from 9am. Parking is free. Entrant show vehicles are $5, judged vehicles $15, both including drivers. For further details, go to www.langlangshownshine.com.
Play the ancient game of Mahjong for fun and pleasure in a relaxed, friendly and non-competitive atmosphere. The aim of the group is to enjoy a friendly game amongst friends with a similar interest.
• Friday 9 February from 2pm – 4pm at 180/57 Gloucester Avenue, Berwick. Email: email@example.com. Free entry.
Bloom Cuppa ‘n’ Chat
The City of Casey invites you to meet your neighbours, learn more about your community and what’s on offer in Casey.
• Saturday 10 February from 10am – 12pm at 700 Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Clyde North. Free entry.
Sustainable Living Festival
Join us on an adventure to Federation Square in Melbourne to check out the Sustainable Living Festival. Families welcome. Travel via bus. Bookings are required. To book, please visit the TryBooking website.
• Saturday 10 February 9am – 5pm at 2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren.
Creating a difference
Knit, crochet or stitch projects as a group or individually. Come together and craft to create a difference for people in need. Bookings essential.
• Friday 9 February from 1pm – 3pm at the Lynbrook Community Centre, corner of Lynbrook Boulevard and Harris Street , Lynbrook.