CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Car arson on the rise

Car arson on the rise

A NUMBER of car fires have been reported in the Cranbourne and Clyde areas recently, and police are appealing for witnesses.
About 10.30pm on Wednesday 25 May, a 1998 model green Holden Commodore was completely destroyed by fire in the driveway of a rural Clyde property.
The fire is being treated as suspicious, and is being investigated by Casey Crime Investigation unit.
Another car was set alight between the football clubrooms and the childcare at the Spring Hill Recreation Reserve about 3.15am on Thursday 26 May.
Unknown offenders set a stolen blue Holden Commodore on fire at the reserve.
A 2010 model red Mitsubishi Lancer was set alight on the night of Friday 27 May on Whitefield Boulevard in Cranbourne.
The car had been dumped in Cranbourne after being stolen from another location.
Another stolen vehicle was set on fire in the early hours of the morning of Saturday 28 May in the reserve next to Scarborough Avenue, Cranbourne West.
The white 2015 Ford Focus was towed into the reserve before being set alight and the tow rope was left attached to the burnt car.
Police are urging anyone with information about these incidents to contact Casey CIU on 97053111 or make an anonymous report at www.crimestoppers.com.au

Digital Editions


More News

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…

  • ‘Extremely disappointed’: Cranbourne victim slams quick bail

    ‘Extremely disappointed’: Cranbourne victim slams quick bail

    A Cranbourne family who just moved into the area says they feel unsafe returning home after a burglary suspect was granted bail within a day, with police refusing to provide…

  • Pearcedale Shopping Centre parking plan sparks backlash

    Pearcedale Shopping Centre parking plan sparks backlash

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534765 A proposed upgrade of the Pearcedale Village Shopping Centre has sparked strong local opposition, with residents raising concerns over the introduction of 90-degree…