CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Family’s fight back for Bella

Family’s fight back for Bella

By GEORGIA WESTGARTH

DONATIONS are expected to pass $100,000 for a family whose daughter has been struck down with leukaemia.
The Allan family is at the bedside of seven-year-old daughter Bella as she fights the blood cancer.
It’s been four months since Bella was diagnosed and since then the Cranbourne community has raised close to $98,000 for the Allan family.
Bella was rushed to hospital on Friday 4 December after a short stay at home to celebrate her seventh birthday.
Close friend of the Allans and fundraising event organiser Courtney Devine said: “Bella’s afternoon relaxing at the beach was very quickly stolen from her by this awful disease.”
She was rushed to the Royal Children’s Hospital with a high temperature and she and her family were told that she had no white blood cells left and will have to remain under hospital care until her cell count increases.
The recent cocktail event, a part of the Fight for Bella campaign, raised $44,423 to support the family and Bella’s parents who have had to cut back on work to support her ongoing treatment.
Ms Devine posted Bella’s latest turn of events on the Fight for Bella Facebook page to remind everyone that after the long lead-up to the cocktail fundraising party “Bella’s fight continues”.
More than 260 people attended the party on Saturday 28 November in North Melbourne and since then Bella has endured huge highs and lows.
The generous display of support for the family of five has left them overwhelmed and Ms Devine said the entire experience has been phenomenal.
“I believe we have bought together and created a community of people that have expressed empathy and kindness at whatever cost,” Ms Devine said in her speech at the cocktail party.
The Allans are currently awaiting news of a bone marrow match for Bella.
A golf day held on Friday 4 raised almost $8000 for the family and local businesses and residents across the south-east have all pitched in money towards the #fightforbella go fund me page which has hit a whopping $40,000.
Ms Devine said the human spirit has moved her since the family embarked on the fundraising campaign.
“I have been amazed at what we as a human race are capable of when it really counts,” she said.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…