CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Decade of road hopes

Decade of road hopes

LYNBROOK residents can now travel to neighbouring suburbs with ease thanks to the opening of a new intersection last week.
City of Casey Mayor Geoff Ablett officially opened the Lynbrook Boulevard and Hallam Road intersection on Friday 11 July.
More than 10,000 vehicles each day are now expected to use the new Lynbrook Boulevard connection to get in and out of their suburb.
Cr Ablett said at the official opening that the extension of Lynbrook Boulevard and the upgrade of the Hallam Road and Ormond Road intersection had been a council priority for more than a decade.
“Until now, Lynbrook residents wanting to access Hampton Park and Narre Warren South, and vice versa, have had to divert through residential streets or go around the estate adding considerable time to their commute,” he said.
The council worked in partnership with VicRoads to ensure the new connection was co-ordinated to tie into the Hallam Road duplication works.
Cr Ablett said working with VicRoads ensured the road network outcomes were maximised through the combined benefit of both projects.
“This substantial investment in the local road network will significantly enhance traffic flow, access and safety along this important arterial road,” he said.
“The duplication, extension and intersection upgrade will provide additional carriageways and turning lanes, signalised intersections and pedestrian crossings and includes a pedestrian and bike path.”
The City of Casey funded the $4 million Lynbrook Boulevard extension and the state government is delivering the $40 million duplication of Hallam Road.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…