CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Life launch

Life launch

By BRIDGET COOK

THE Cranbourne Narre Relay for Life will be off and racing after an official launch next month.
Cancer Council Victoria has invited the Casey community to attend the launch where they can meet the organisers, enjoy entertainment and find out how they can help with the fight against cancer by getting involved.
There will also be an announcement regarding the new venue for this year’s event, which will be held on 8 and 9 November.
Relay For Life volunteer committee member Brooke Hunter encouraged the community to attend as they will be taking registrations on the night and selling candle bags.
“We’re currently looking for passionate residents to gather their friends to participate in the Cranbourne Narre Relay For Life,” she said.
“We’re also looking for local businesses to provide support through sponsorships or donations.
“Relay For Life is a chance for local residents to celebrate with cancer survivors, remember loved ones lost and fight back against cancer.
“The Cranbourne Narre Relay For Life will be an inspirational, empowering and moving experience with family and friends.
“It will also be an opportunity to raise money for Cancer Council Victoria’s life-saving cancer research, prevention programs and support services, which are available to Victorians in every region.”
Last year, the Cranbourne Narre event raised $67,788. The relay sees teams of 10 or more take turns to walk through the night to raise funds and awareness to help fight cancer. The event also features special ceremonies, live entertainment, and activities suitable for all ages.
The official launch will be held at 7pm at the Casey Rugby Field, 160 Berwick-Cranbourne Road, Cranbourne East, on Friday 6 June.
If you cannot attend the launch event, but would still like to join the Cranbourne Narre Relay For Life, phone 1300 65 65 85 or visit www.relayforlife.org.au.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…