CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Walk for the weekend

Walk for the weekend

By BRIDGET COOK

THE Narre Warren SES provides assistance to thousands of Casey residents each year.
Now five of its members are calling on the community for its support to help them reach their fundraising goal of $10,000 as they tackle the Weekend to End Women’s Cancers.
Volunteers Clinton Brown, Tony Jackson, Nicky Turner, Stav Kappas and Catena Basile have signed up for the two-day, 60 kilometres walk in Melbourne in March next year which benefits the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.
Narre Warren SES deputy controller Clinton Brown said they wanted to take part because they had all been touched by cancer in some way.
“As volunteers of the SES we enjoy give back to our community and providing a valuable service,” he said.
“The decision to participate in this walk was an easy one for us all having all been personally touched by cancer in the past few years.
“We hope that participating in the walk will help raise awareness and assist in raising much needed funds for the Peter MacCallum Cancer Centre.”
Mr Brown said they had an aim of raising $10,000 prior to the walk and urged to community to support them.
“As volunteers we are always there to provide emergency assistance to the community when they are in need, and with this walk we now have the privilege of taking this to the next level and providing support to help end women’s cancer forever,” he said.
Mr Brown said they had been training hard, walking between 15 to 20 kilometres together each Saturday and will also train on Sundays in the new year.
To donate to their cause visit www.endcancer.org.au and search for ‘Narre Warren SES’.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…