CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Skate success- Nathan Beck from Sydney gets some airtime at the reopening of The Shed last month. 56070 Picture: Stewart Chambers

Skate success- Nathan Beck from Sydney gets some airtime at the reopening of The Shed last month. 56070 Picture: Stewart Chambers

By Bridget Brady
CROWDS are flocking to Cranbourne’s revitalised indoor skate park- touted as the best in the country.
A massive 380 people are visiting The Shed on average each day, with the $1.2 million upgrade proving to be a hit.
Tooradin’s Brett Lewis is a keen skater and takes his nine-year-old son to The Shed each Wednesday after it reopened last month.
“I reckon it’s amazing,” Mr Lewis said.
“It’s good for people who are watching too because you can see the whole shed.”
Mr Lewis, 30, used to use the Pakenham and Tooradin skate parks, and also travelled as far as Braybrook to use the indoor skate park called Rampfest. But Mr Lewis said he preferred The Shed.
“It’s really fast and smooth. There’s heaps of tricky stuff to do.”
Casey Council mayor Shar Balmes said the response had been extremely positive from users of all ages and abilities.
“Council is extremely pleased that its vision to return The Shed to its iconic status as the best indoor skate park in Australia has been realised,” Cr Balmes said.
“A number of world class skaters have also been extremely supportive of what the City of Casey has been able to deliver at the facility.”
For information on sessions times visit www.theshedskatepark.com.au

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…