CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Hunt for vicious attackers

Hunt for vicious attackers

INVESTIGATIONS are continuing into an assault at Cranbourne North on the weekend that left one man in a critical condition.
Police were told a group of about six or seven youths who were armed with baseball bats and other weapons attacked two men about 9.45pm on Saturday night near the intersection of Huon Park Road in Cranbourne North.
A 24-year-old Hampton Park man was airlifted to The Alfred hospital with severe head injuries. On Wednesday, the man was in a critical but stable condition at The Alfred.
A 22-year-old Dandenong man suffered severe facial injuries as a result of the attack, police said.
Police arrested three Cranbourne North youths a short time after the incident but later released them.
If anyone witnessed the incident they are asked to contact Detective Senior Constable Marc Newton through Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000.

Digital Editions


  • Tons galore in lower grades

    Tons galore in lower grades

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 533224 B GRADE Table-leaders Pakenham Upper/Toomuc have been set a monumental task by Tooradin after the Seagulls posted 267…

More News

  • Food for thought ahead of bigger Ramadan Night Market

    Food for thought ahead of bigger Ramadan Night Market

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 467847 Excitement grows ahead of the upcoming three-week Ramadan Night Market that promises to be bigger and better, but existing traders in Dandenong have…

  • Minister’s warm welcome to Wellsprings

    Minister’s warm welcome to Wellsprings

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 532816 Wellsprings for Women welcomed the Federal Minister for Multicultural Affairs, Dr Anne Aly, who saw first hand the South East-based centre’s efforts to…

  • Colourful weekend

    Colourful weekend

    It was a colourful weekend for more than 100 community members who attended the council’s annual rainbow picnic. Held at Berwick’s Old Cheese Factory on Saturday 7 February, over 120…

  • EPA, Veolia at odds over toxic-waste cell

    EPA, Veolia at odds over toxic-waste cell

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 228738 The state’s pollution watchdog says it remains opposed to a new toxic-waste cell at a controversial hazardous-waste landfill at Taylors Road, Lyndhurst. In…

  • Men’s Shed awards wombat warrior for special collaboration

    Men’s Shed awards wombat warrior for special collaboration

    Akoonah Park Men’s Shed gave a unique honour last week to a woman who has dedicated many years to wildlife conservation, collaborating with the men’s group to create an innovative…