CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » End result turns out a mixed bag

End result turns out a mixed bag

By Sarah Schwager
IT WAS a big day for Cranbourne’s Year 12s on Monday as the culmination of the last year came to fruition for some and disappointment for others.
Cranbourne Secondary College’s Erin Doherty was celebrating after he received a 95.8 ENTER mark and was named the dux of the school.
Along with the title he was also awarded a HECS free scholarship to Monash University’s Berwick campus and hopes to study Engineering.
Principal Yvonne Watts said she was pleased with the results, with more than 10 per cent of VCE students achieving a score over 80.
She said the lower range of students did more poorly that those from last year but they had a similar amount in the 70 and above ENTER mark.
“I think this group surprised us with how well they’ve done,” Ms Watts said.
She said the school had also broken the trend of females scoring better across the state with the school having male duxes for the last three or four years.
At Lyndhurst Secondary College, principal Steve Phillips said the school followed the statewide trend of scores being slightly down on last year.
However he said the lower end of students had done much better.
“More and more kids are doing VCAL and VET subjects every year,” Mr Phillips said.
“The real proof of the pudding comes when the offers are made, that is, further training or apprenticeships.”
The school’s dux Lisa Twite was presented with her title at an awards night on Monday.
Lisa was rapt with her performance this year – she achieved a score of 90 for her ENTER mark.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…