COMMUTERS were left stranded when trains on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines were halted last week.
Thousands of passengers were stuck in carriages for almost an hour after a contractor working near Dandenong station accidentally cut a signal cable about 8am on Wednesday.
Trains were shut down between Cranbourne and Springvale and Dandenong and Berwick, resuming at 2pm.
Trains on that line travelling from the city terminated at Springvale before heading back into the city.
Connex spokesperson Andrew Cassidy said Connex had organised replacement bus services to carry passengers to and from affected stations on the Pakenham and Cranbourne lines.
However, no compensation will be offered to the 7000 passengers directly affected.
The closure comes in the wake of calls from Opposition ministers to improve worsening train services on the Cranbourne and Pakenham lines.
Signal cut strands 7000
Digital Editions
-

Tenant struggles with allergic reactions due to mould in rental property
A Casey mother, who prefers to not be named, says she and her three children have all experienced ongoing allergic reactions to prolonged mould exposure…




