CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Register ‘to party safely’

Register ‘to party safely’

By Alison Noonan
A SPATE of wild weekend parties has prompted a warning from Cranbourne Police for parents to register their gatherings with PartySafe.
Senior Sergeant Bruce Kitchen said police received a number of complaints in the Cranbourne area on Friday and Saturday nights of youth causing trouble and excessive noise.
He said police attended several parties where alcohol fuelled teens had run riot in the streets, damaging property and disturbing neighbours.
“Police patrols went from one job to another over the weekend,” he said.
“It was surprisingly busy for this time of year. Parties tend to slow down when school starts back up.
“We had one call out where young people had ripped the posts out of a school crossing and thrown them on the road.
“This posed a real danger for passing motorists. Police are investigating the incident,” he said.
Sen Sgt Kitchen said the recent trouble highlighted the need for party holders to enrol in the Victoria Police PartySafe program.
He said the program aimed to minimise the risk of having intoxicated guests or gatecrashers ruining local parties.
“If you register with PartySafe, police can visit the party before it gets out of hand,” Sen Sgt Kitchen said.
“All you have to do is come to the shopfront at least two weeks before the party and fill out a form stating where the party is to be held, how many people are attending and whether alcohol is to be provided.
“Police will then endeavour to visit at least once or twice during the night to prevent trouble.”
Sen Sgt Kitchen said participants would then be provided with a PartySafe information kit, outlining strategies to help make the party safe and enjoyable.
For more information on the PartySafe program pick up a pamphlet from the Cranbourne Police Station at 169 Sladen Street.

Digital Editions


More News

  • Clyde house fire leaves one injured, cause under investigation

    Clyde house fire leaves one injured, cause under investigation

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534668 Emergency services were called to a house fire in Clyde on Friday 13 February, with one person sustaining injury and taken to hospital.…

  • Alleged car thief faces 60-plus charges

    Alleged car thief faces 60-plus charges

    An alleged serial car thief has been charged after using electronic key reprogramming devices to steal at least 25 cars across Melbourne, police say. The 27-year-old faces more than 60…

  • Funding call to further combat racism

    Funding call to further combat racism

    An anti-racism support network has provided its first insights after a year of documenting racism across the state, the first of its kind in Australia. The network, established in 2025…

  • New Library Lounge opens in Clyde

    New Library Lounge opens in Clyde

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 534227 The Clyde Township Community Centre is now home to a new Library Lounge, providing residents in Clyde and surrounding areas access to library…

  • Three arrested following alleged stabbing in Narre Warren

    Three arrested following alleged stabbing in Narre Warren

    Three teenage boys were arrested last week following an alleged stabbing in Narre Warren. Police believe the altercation took place between a group of boys at a shopping centre on…