CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » Gun in ATM attack

Gun in ATM attack

Hpgun and hpgun2: Investigators have released images of two men they want to speak to about an armed robbery in Hampton Park. Hpgun and hpgun2: Investigators have released images of two men they want to speak to about an armed robbery in Hampton Park.

A MAN was struck on the head and robbed by two people with weapons after withdrawing cash from a Hampton Park ATM last month.
Police are appealing for witnesses following the armed robbery in Somerville Road on Monday 25 June.
Detectives have been told a 43-year-old Hampton Park man was withdrawing cash from an ATM around 11pm when he heard people running towards him.
The man turned around and was approached by two men with their faces covered.
The first man was armed with a handgun and was wearing a black jacket which was done up to conceal his face, a green beanie and gloves with what appeared to be a “Monster” symbol on them.
The second man was wearing a black or blue bomber type jacket with zip pockets on the left sleeve, and was armed with a large weapon similar to an old-style long police baton. His mouth and nose were covered with a scarf or mask with an image of a face printed on it.
Police said the second man struck the Hampton Park man a number of times on the forehead, causing a laceration.
The two men took his money and wallet before making further demands for money through accessing funds from other cards in his wallet.
The man was unable to get more money out of the ATM and the duo returned the wallet, struck him a further time with the baton and then ran off with the cash along Somerville Road.
Police believe this was an opportunistic attack and CCTV footage indicates the offenders were in a vehicle prior to the incident and observed the victim at the ATM.
Investigators have released images of two men they believe can assist with their inquiries.
Anyone with information in relation to the armed robbery is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or visit www.crimestoppers.com.au

Digital Editions


More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…