CRANBOURNE STAR NEWS
Home » A lawless land

A lawless land

By BRIDGET SCOTT

LAWLESS Drive lived up to its name over the summer break when police forced entry into a home and arrested a couple over suspected drug activity.
A caller to the News described the events of Tuesday 13 January, when she saw police sit outside the house before they raided it hours after.
“Police had a stake-out between 9am and 10am,” the informant said.
“Black cars were sitting inside other people’s driveways and when he drove out they zoomed in on him.”
She said that it was still going on at 1.30 that afternoon.
Police confirmed the raid and said in addition to methamphetamines, they also found a handgun, air rifle, swords and drug manufacturing equipment.
A male and female were arrested at the address and the 42-year-old female was released pending further investigation.
The 44-year-old man was charged with trafficking and possession and was remanded to appear at the Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on 17 April for a committal mention hearing.
The caller to the News said this was not the first time they had heard of trouble at this house.
They said they were also aware of an incident at the same house on Mother’s Day last year.
The caller said it had become a “hot house” and that it “had history.”
The News informer said there were also sniffer dogs present during the seizure earlier this month.
“There were five or six police and then a van came with a dog and they took it out the back,” they said.
The caller said they don’t see the resident of the home around very often except for “once in a blue moon in the garden.”
Police also executed a warrant on another Cranbourne house on Friday (16 January) along Endeavour Drive.
Police said two people were arrested at the scene, while another person was already in custody.
Police forced entry into the house around 4.15pm and found materials which suggested amphetamine manufacturing.
They also found a stolen car in the front yard.
A 43-year-old male was charged over the theft of the car and possession of steroids and was bailed to appear at the Dandenong Magistrates’ Court on 17 April.
A 36-year-old female was charged for failing to appear at court for an outstanding warrant and remanded.
The other, a 32-year-old male, was charged in relation to amphetamines.
Police said they did not have an amount for the value of material uncovered, but said it looked like there were items there ready to manufacture.

Digital Editions


  • PM celebrates Ramadan Night Market

    PM celebrates Ramadan Night Market

    Prime Minister Anthony Albanese has helped launch Dandenong’s Ramadan Night Market for its second year, marking the beginning of the holy month of Ramadan. He…

More News

  • Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    Casey Pushes statewide gambling reform through MAV

    The City of Casey has unanimously voted to submit a notice of motion to Municipal Association of Victoria (MAV), calling on the State Government to consider reforms to reduce impacts…

  • Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Consultation open for the upgrade of Bernborough Avenue Reserve

    Cranbourne West residents are invited to have their say on plans to refresh Bernborough Avenue Reserve. The proposed district playground renewal aims to make the reserve more welcoming, enjoyable and…

  • Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Hampton Park waste plan hits home

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 470334 Residents are still seeking answers over an advanced-waste plan that’s extending the life of waste facilities near Hampton Park homes, says Casey Residents…

  • Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work marks 20 years with book launch

    Women Making It Work (WMIW), a grassroots network supporting women in business across Casey and Cardinia, marked its 20th anniversary with the launch of a new book sharing the personal…

  • End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    End is nigh for Hallam Rd tip

    Purchase this photo from Pic Store: 348748 The controversial Hallam Road landfill in Hampton Park will reportedly be closed to municipal waste as soon as 30 June 2027 – but…