Folk Uniting Night
The Folk Uniting Night is a monthly concert hosted by the Cranbourne Regional Uniting Church as a fund-raiser for the Cranbourne Food Truck, an outreach initiative that feeds the homeless, needy and disadvantaged of the Cranbourne region. We endeavour to attract quality acts that donate their time and talent in support of this worthy community cause. Entry includes supper. There is usually some space available for “spot acts”, local amateur musicians who like to share their talent.
- Saturday 17 December, 7.30pm-10.30pm, at 41 Lesdon Avenue, Cranbourne. Cost $7. Call Mark Lindsay 0423 430 560.
The youth of St John’s come from various multi-cultural backgrounds and attend various secondary schools in Cranbourne/Casey area and are putting on a music production. The musical is “The Amazing Jerusalem Makeover”, with singing, colourful characters and modern costuming, it tells the ancient story of rebuilding the Jerusalem wall after a time of exile. It promises to be a fun and entertaining evening, showcasing the talents of young people from Cranbourne.
- Friday 16 December, from 7.30pm (performance goes for about 50-60 minutes). Tickets available through the church office 5995 9364, $5 per adult, $2 per student (aged 13-plus), under-12 free.
Lynbrook Walking Group will be leaving from the Lynbrook Community Centre for a leisurely walk in good company. BYO umbrella just in case! Join the walking group to see beautiful Lynbrook while you walk and chat. Bookings are essential.
- Friday 2 December, 9.15am-11am. Corner of Lynbrook Boulevard and Harris Street, Lynbrook. Free event. Call Lynbrook Community Centre 9792 7370.
Cinema-goers can relax as the sun sets, enjoying tasty food and drinks from Melbourne’s finest food trucks and a licensed bar. With entertainment provided by talented local musicians, cinema-goers can settle in and enjoy the beautiful setting as our huge outdoor screen lights up, offering an eclectic mix of new and classic movies. Empire are planning to offer unique additions such as VIP areas and bean bags. There is no BYO for this event.
- Friday 16 December, 7pm-11pm, and Saturday 17 December, 7pm-11pm. Wilson Botanic Park 668 Princes Highway, Berwick. General admission $15, concession $12, child (3-15 years old) $10, senior $10, family (two adults and two children) $40, gold pass $30 – includes popcorn, bean bag and the best seat in the house. For movie and ticket details go to www.thesunsetcinema.com.au
Tasty Tunes at twilight
Come chill your mind and body with amazing food trucks and popular feel good tunes at the Old Cheese Factory. Throw your picnic rug down, taste some delicious food, sit back and be entertained. Applications for vendors are currently open, to receive a Vendor Expression of Interest pack, please contact the Old Cheese Factory
- Saturday 17 December, 11am-8pm. Cost: $2 per adult, $5 per family. Contact The Old Cheese Factory 9702 1919 or www.casey.vic.gov.au/oldcheesefactory
Casey Community Christmas Carols
- Hampton Park Carols by Candlelight, Friday 16 December. Time: 7.30pm-9.45pm. Cairns Road Reserve, Corner Cairns Road and Campbell Drive, Hampton Park. Free event. Call Jeanette Newman 0412 997 798.
- Cranbourne Christmas Carols, Saturday 17 December, 4pm-9.45pm. 101 Lesdon Avenue, Cranbourne. Free event. Call 5995 2005.
- Berwick Christmas Carols, Saturday 17 December, 7pm-9.30pm. Edwin Flack Reserve, Manuka Road, Berwick. Voluntary donation.
- Victorian School of Performing Arts Christmas Carols, Tuesday 13 December, 7pm. 27-47 Gloucester Avenue, Berwick. $10 with profits going to the Smith Family. Call Kim Sanders 9703 8143.
- Cranbourne Community Christmas Carols, Sunday 11 December, 6.30pm-8.15pm. Corner Russell and Childers streets, Cranbourne. Free Event. Contact Telephone: 59963251.
- Lynbrook Moonlight Cinema & Carols, Saturday 10 December, 6pm-10.30pm. Banjo Paterson Reserve, 95 Paterson Drive, Lynbrook. Free event.
- Narre Warren North Community Carols, Saturday 10 December, 6pm-10pm. Corner Tom Jones Road and A’Beckett Road, Narre Warren North. Voluntary donation. Call Michael Gonsalves 0429 238 927.
- Endeavour Hills Community Carols, Saturday 10 December, 5pm-9.30pm. 2-8 Gleneagles Drive, Endeavour Hills. Gold coin donation. Call 9700 2314.
- Christmas on the Foreshore, Friday 9 December, 6pm-10pm. Tooradin Recreation Reserve, Foreshore Road, Tooradin. Gold coin donation. Call Ross Wilkie 0403 535 595.