By Brendan Rees
City of Casey will support a number of Anzac Day services being held throughout the municipality next week to honour the occasion.
These events are organised by local community groups and proudly supported by Council.
Casey Mayor Cr Amanda Stapledon said Anzac Day was a day many Casey residents observed with services throughout Casey growing every year.
“For our brave and courageous service men and women, we would not be enjoying the freedom that we do today – we owe them so much,” she said.
“I am so encouraged to see so many individuals, families, children and young people, schools, service and community groups paying reverence to those who fought so hard for our freedom and for those who remained to ensure that our families, businesses and industry keep going.”
Anzac Day services that will take place across Casey include:
• Endeavour Hills War Memorial, Heatherton Road, Endeavour Hills – 11am on Wednesday 24 April.
• Arthur Wren Hall, 16-20 Stuart Avenue, Hampton Park – 5am on Thursday 25 April.
• Bunjil Place Plaza, 2 Patrick Northeast Drive, Narre Warren – 6am on Thursday 25 April.
• Cranbourne RSL, 1475 South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne (service and march) – 5.30am on Thursday 25 April.
• Greg Clydesdale Square, 97 South Gippsland Highway, Cranbourne– 10.30am on Thursday 25 April.
• Berwick Cenotaph, High Street, Berwick – 11am on Thursday 25 April.
• Pearcedale Public Hall, Corner Queens and Pearcedale Road, Pearcedale – 6am on Thursday 25 April.