A 30-year-old Cranbourne North man has been arrested following an ongoing investigation into a number of incidents which occurred late last year.
Detectives from the Cardinia Crime Investigation Unit and officers from the Special Operations Group attended a house at Cottage Court, Hampton Park on Monday 8 January where the man attempted to flee from police and resist arrest.
He was arrested by police with the assistance of a police dog.
He sustained injuries and was transported to hospital under police guard.
Following his arrest police executed search warrants at houses in Cranbourne North and Doveton where four stolen motorcycles were located along with other allegedly stolen property.
The alleged incidents occurred between October and December last year across Melbourne’s south eastern suburbs and Ballarat.
The arrest relates to the following alleged incidents:
• An aggravated burglary which occurred at Richards Street, Ballarat East on 16 October.
• The theft of a Jeep Grand Cherokee from the Kilsyth Football Oval on 25 November.
• The theft of petrol which occurred at a service station on Cranbourne-Frankston Road, Langwarrin on 25 November.
• A burglary which occurred at fast-food restaurant on Station Street, Koo Wee Rup on 28 November. Five hundred dollars in cash, 2 reams of paper and a slab of coke was stolen
• A burglary at a fast-food restaurant on the Burwood Highway, Belgrave on the 29 November 2018 where $1500 was stolen
• A burglary at Jolley Road, Tonimbuk on 16 December where a white 2018 Mercedes Benz wagon was stolen.
• The theft of petrol at a service station on South Road, Moorabbin on 16 December.
• The theft of petrol at a service station on Point Nepean Road, Tootgarook on 17 December.
• The theft of petrol at a service station on Dandenong-Hastings Road, Lynbrook on 17 December.
• A burglary on a hotel on Stoney Creek Road, Beaconsfield Upper on 18 December.
• The theft of petrol at a service station on Springvale Road, Springvale on 18 December.
• A burglary which occurred at Armytage Road, Officer on 18 December 2018 where a firearm safe was stolen along with the keys to the safe and set of car keys
• The theft of petrol at a service station on the Gippsland Highway, Lynbrook on 18 December.
The man was interviewed by police and will appear at Dandenong Magistrates’ Court on Tuesday 9 January.