Arts on show
BERWICK Artists Society is holding an art show of about 70 works at Narre Warren Library.
The show from 20-26 November also includes live demonstrations by the society’s members.
Most of the displayed works will be for sale.
The society’s members meet to paint at The Old Cheese Factory each Thursday from 11.30am to 2.30pm.
- The art show is at Narre Warren Library, Overland Drive, on 20-26 November.
FLASHLIGHT Theatre Company aims to talk about what is really going on in the lives of teenagers and bring to light to some sensitive issues which they may have experienced or had a close connection to. In addition, Flashlight exists to foster performers’ confidence, develop interpersonal skills and to give young actors experience in the world of theatre.
- Flashlight’s second production Outcast is being performed at the Casey Grammar Performing Arts Centre on Friday 25 and Saturday 26 November, at 7.30pm. Ticket available at https://www.trybooking.com/NOYA. Adults $15, concessions $12.
Christmas market night
THE Narre South Lions Netball Club is holding a Christmas market night. There will be more than 40 market stalls selling kids clothes, jewellery, make-up, candles, lingerie, linen, gifts, toys, handmade cards, skin care, lollies, embroidery, ladies clothes, kids craft, sand art, Lego, homewares and much more.
- Saturday 26 November, 3pm to 8.30pm. Carlisle Park Reserve, Majestic Boulevard, Cranbourne.
Swap ’til you drop
KEYSBOROUGH’S community swap is joining the Garage Sale Trail campaign.
No money changes hands. People are invited to bring their good, unwanted household effects and any home-grown goods, like plants, fruit and vegetables.
- Resurrection Primary School, 402 Corrigan Road, Keysborough, Saturday 26 November, 10am to 11am.
Art in the gardens
LOCAL artist Brendan Nicholl will host a garden art session.
Materials and equipment are provided, but participants are welcome to bring a sketch pad and materials.
Any experience level is welcome.
- Heritage Hill Museum and Historic Gardens, 66 McCrae Street, Dandenong. Saturday 26 November, 10am to 1pm. $18 per class. Call 8571 1666 or visit www.greaterdandenong.com to book.
German Christmas Bazaar
This festive event will feature homemade cakes, German potato salad, frankfurts, bratwurst, pretzels, waffles, ice-cream, and live music performed by the Accordion Accents Ensemble and Hans and his barrel organ.
Father Christmas will make an appearance, and there’ll also be handcrafted decorations, embroidered table cloths and toys, advent wreaths, gingerbread houses, Viennese almonds, clothes, books, cards, plants and more.
- St John’s German Lutheran Church, 3 Albert Avenue, Springvale. Saturday 26 November, 10am.